20.5.10

42nd Street Loft ...

I have posted photos of this kitchen before (I can never resist a vase of blossom), but I was excited to stumble across the link to photos of the rest of the loft...

It is the personal residence of Roman and Williams' principals architects Robin Standefer and Stephen Alesch... don't you just love the combination of rambly furniture and modern finishes...?
Heavenly heavy library bookshelves ... and I love that squishy vintage couch ...

I've been dreaming of an antique draftsman's table for years, especially if it could be coupled with such a gorgeous stool as this...

And they have more library shelves?? How lucky are they?!
But what library would be complete without a book press... sigh, I have been peering at one at auction for weeks now but chickened out since I am leaving the country - I should have bid!

6 comments:

  1. I love homes that celebrate books, art and eccentricity in subtle but elegant ways. Great images:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love every inch of this loft - from the floors to the ceiling! I see so many ideas that I would like to borrow for my own home - I love when I see a home and I fall in love with everything about it ~
    Thanks for the sharing!
    sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the library shelves amazing...

    xxx
    CEO

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, each room is so comfy and rich. i love especially the second image, that seating area with the wine bottles, i would hang out there for sure! :) thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh........
    i love this.

    ReplyDelete

While of course I appreciate your generous comments, please don't feel obliged ... just having you stop by is lovely enough!

Happy day dear friends xx