2.6.09

Surprise ...

Have some very exciting news that I couldn't share with you all before ....
Am currently in France for a very impulsive and surprise trip to see my sister Luce!

My parents had a trip booked for ages, so I decided to tag along (and escape the swine flu madness at outbreak headquarters downstairs) for the week in the Loire valley in a cottage on the Loire river, a few days in Paris either end, and another few days in London with Luce before coming home - her face when I met her at the Eurostar was priceless.... she had no idea!
There will be masses of photos to come dear friends ... get ready for castles and gardens overload, but most importantly shots of the fabulous puces de marchet (flea markets) that I am truly drooling over ....
Be back in about a fortnight dear friends ... stay tuned xx
PS I took this photo trying to capture the scale of this amazing chandelier ... it was truly massive ... swoon!

19 comments:

  1. Hope you have a fabulous time - how could you not? What a lovely spontaneous thing to do! Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh can't wait to see your photos! best of luck and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky lucky girl you are. Enjoy your trip and we cant wait to see all the pics from your grand spontaneous adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So not jealous. Nope. Not at all. can't think of anything worse than trawling the paris flea markets with two of my best friends. You poor things, hope you survive..... he he xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for pics of France and Paris...so fun! I was just there in January, it was verrrry cold! Springtime sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun!! How fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello poss! Can't believe you're in La France! That chandelier is like something out of Phantom of the Opera, how stunning! Enjoy xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaah paris, you lucky duck! have a blast getting away and being with family. keep taking photos, want that chandelier in a bad way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how exciting.... enjoy.........looking forward to seeing all of the sites and goodies... lovely chandelier.... wow

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousJune 08, 2009

    Been looking at your blog and enjoying the lovely photos, but I was wondering if you could please post photo credits...unless taken by you of course.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks one and all for your lovely wishes! Am still having a lovely trip ... off to London tomorrow and then home a few days later.

    And to address the above comment from anonymous, I always try to put in the photo credits (I may forget if posting at 1am as I sometimes do!), but I certainly try. And I am always happy to be pointed in the direction of the source if anyone has the link of course xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, France! Enjoy it!

    Hugs Gunilla in Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  13. That chandelier is incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. have fun - lucky you!!!


    btw, i did a bedroom makeover post on my blog today that you might enjoy...check it out at:
    http://www.froufroufashionista.blogspot.com/

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely photo! Enjoy your time in Paris... I have been longing to return for a visit! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Severely jealous! Have a magical time! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh, I am so jealous!! Have FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. mmmmmmmmm, your blogg and your mastiff.....me like like like!!

    Agneta from Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  19. How exciting! Can't wait to see photos when you get back.

    ReplyDelete

While of course I appreciate your generous comments, please don't feel obliged ... just having you stop by is lovely enough!

Happy day dear friends xx