20.6.08

Loft Luxe...

This is the fabulous warehouse that Country Home Magazine styled for their show home 2006.
I have warehouse envy......

That gigantic mirror is a spectacular find. And to make it even better they have hung that scrumptious black wreath in front.....and I love all the metallic pieces on the coffee table...

There is a bike hanging from the ceiling! The obvious parking space of course!

Lots of shiny elements to bounce through the light from that massive wall of windows.

And what a great fireplace - no mantle but a long low shelf for displaying all your props...

This kitchen is too good.

In my last house (the best house on the planet) I had unfitted units in a galley configuration, just steel and all open to the room. I also had a great table like this in the centre. It is a table that my brother Ben bought years ago to draw his architecture plans up on, but I stole it in anticipation that it would make the best kitchen island bench one day. It was made for my loft and worked perfectly.

It is now a drinks table outside in my parent's garden - It gets put to good use in the summer when it is warm enough to venture outside...

I didn't have a stunningly large bath sized butlers sink with a tiny mirrored tile splash back like this, but would love to one day. And the relaxed curtain underneath is perfect to soften all the industrial lines.

Galvanised iron in the bathroom is the best! Utilitarian materials used in unexpected ways is always a surprising design tool - works fabulously here, don't you agree?

7 comments:

  1. Emma!!! You have excelled yourself - why oh why I never saw this in your beautiful homes folder!?!? - I told Di from my work to have a look and I could tell she had opened it - I heard GASPS of delight!!! x
    I LOVE IT - possibly up there as one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ness LockyerJune 20, 2008

    What a beautifully stylish blog...with so many of the things I LOVE. Thanks for checking out my blog. I am going to mention this site when I do my post in a minute. Hope to hear from you again.
    Cheers, Ness from marleyandlockyer.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ness, lovely to hear from you! Am most greatful for the mention, will keep checking out yours - it's just gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 20, 2008

    I have just blogged in to admire your great style..as i am about to build my dream home PLEASE keep all your wonderful ideas following...Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful interiors - digging the bike on the ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i always park my bike on the roof. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! I love the bike on the ceiling! I never would have thought of doing that, but it really brings an unusual, homey feel to the room.

    You should check out the Luxe Showhome of Prestonwood Hollow. I just went to see it last week and it's absolutely amazing! The wallpaper (fabric?) alone is worth the trip. :)

    ReplyDelete

While of course I appreciate your generous comments, please don't feel obliged ... just having you stop by is lovely enough!

Happy day dear friends xx