24.6.08

Eclectic Americana ...


I take you now to Napa Valley to the country home(s) of designer Ken Fulk.



I really don't think I need to say much here - it speaks for itself ...
rambly,
planked walls,
hay bales,
gingham,
pitched ceilings
and loads of white paint

Fittingly, the paint is Ralph Lauren 'Picket Fence White' - of course it is xx

P.S. Apparently the pool has a long shelf down one entire side so dogs can get in and out more easily - gotta love a man that builds a pool to accommodate the puppies xx

Thanks to House Beautiful for the photos

9 comments:

  1. I agree - I love a house with a sense of humour. And a man who loves his dogs... Great pics!
    I already did the tagging thing - but I think I'll do it again this weekend just for fun. Maybe I'll think of something clever, witty and interesting by then?
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I'm very much looking forward to your map post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, am gathering photographic evidence on the virtues of maps in interiors as we speak! Stay tuned xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun are those coil stools! Those would make for a great conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous post Emma ! Be still my beating heart - are those 2 Louis Vuitton suitcases stacked as a sidetable in the bedroom pic or am I hallucinating!!
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are correct - don't we all dream of rummaging through a dingy op-shop and just stumbling across some ...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post and yes, what a coincidence that we both posted it within a few days of each other!! Great house! Loving your blog BTW.
    x
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the spring chairs. I had to have a look.
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this by far is one of my favorite homes.

    ReplyDelete

While of course I appreciate your generous comments, please don't feel obliged ... just having you stop by is lovely enough!

Happy day dear friends xx