26.6.08

Country Charm ...

Yes, this might be the cutest house on the planet.
Owned by Angus Wilkie, an Antique dealer in the US, this is one of the most well edited interiors I have seen in a while.
Courtesy of the great one, I just had to share it with you xx

The walls seem to have been stripped back and then just left bare. The contrast with the glossy architraves is sublime. I think this works well in this small room, as it may look a little too shabby in a whole house...

Love that mirror...

This kitchen is built like a sailing ship I once went on called The One And All; I love how it is all fitted (even though I have previously blogged about loving an unfitted kitchen!), and the wood turns up the wall into the splash back. I'm not always a big fan of 'up' cupboards but these work because they are glass fronted - open ones would also look great.

Very thoughtful to build a little radiator under the sink so your toes stay warm as you wash up...

Black and white checker board tiles are always a favourite....

And once again, the ever faithful library pulls prevail....

The other side of the kitchen is red stair heaven... how brave in such a neutral interior but it looks just splendid with the black treads and without a railing...

But who really eats that many vegetables....?

This is the out house I think....those doors were surely put there to make us all jealous - just sublime ...

And if you look closely you can see that there is a little border of pebbles around the edge of the room....

That giant paper shade is glorious ...

And to top it all off he has a perfect dry stone wall in the courtyard, of course looking over a lovely rambling barn.... my brother once attempted a dry stone wall on my parent's farm - despite his very best efforts, it wasn't quite this good ...

Country heaven...

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this house is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favourite houses. But the best part is the way you comment it...
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You read my mind. I was going to post on this today. Lucky I came here first. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On Ness, sorry! This happened to me yesterday with The Laurel Hedge and her wallpaper post - great minds think alike hey?

    ReplyDelete

While of course I appreciate your generous comments, please don't feel obliged ... just having you stop by is lovely enough!

Happy day dear friends xx